When it comes to the VLSI industry, the jobs are segregated into areas like
- Small FPGA based development of applications which are embedded based.
- Embedded system design based on FPGA.
- ASIC (Application specific integrated circuits) based designs.
- VLSI verification for embedded designs based on either ASICs or FPGA.
Benefits of a certification course and coaching.
- You get the best of both worlds. Getting a certificate after the completion of a course is normal but a complete coaching to go with it is opportunity served on a platter. You not only learn about VLSI thoroughly but you also get a document to prove that this course is embedded in your brain now.
- An added advantage to your resume: VLSI trained individuals with the help of vlsi certification courses are highly valued in today’s market. If you pursue a VLSI course after your engineering, not only will your knowledge increase but your payscale will too.
When it comes to VLSI design why are students from NITs and IITs given first preference?
Most of the companies, both Indian and Multinational companies look at NITs and IITs for placements in the VLSI sector because graduates from these colleges are taught the most sophisticated and latest computer aided design and field programmable gate array boards by teachers who have experience and an immense amount of knowledge. Unlike regular engineering colleges that put a lot of emphasis on the theoretical aspect of VLSI, these colleges train their students in real time problems and finding their solutions. FPGA implementation in VHSIC, which stands for very high speed integrated circuit, also forms a part of their varied and concise syllabus. However an M.Tech graduate with a specialisation in VLSI design is also highly preferred.
Do fresh graduates stand a chance in this field?
Yes absolutely. Although fresh graduates will face tough competition from their peers, nothing is impossible. Many career opportunities in the VLSI field are targeted at these graduates because the bent of their mind is fresh and clear.
It’s important that you brush up on the practical aspect of the theoretical papers you’ve learnt. Skills like VHDL, HDL, Verilog and digital domain should be acquired to flourish in this sector.
How to find the best VLSI coaching for yourself?
- Find a training centre that caters to your exact needs. There might me hundreds of such institutes but only a select few will suit you. Do extensive research before you join one because you will be investing money in the course.
- Individual attention or training in a group: Some people believe that individual attention is better because they can learn skills better and in depth and some believe that learning in a group offers them a competitive edge and helps them interact and gain more knowledge. Choose your pick wisely.
- Which sector of VLSI you want to get into: Most of these vlsi coaching classes cover a wide variety of topics, however you can choose to focus on one because it’s better to master something completely than to be the jack of all trades.