India is a land of varied culture, cuisines, castles and caves. Your journey to India is never complete until and unless you live the life of an Indian monarch. The luxury trains of India gives the golden opportunity to its guests to travel back in time, when India was enjoying a regal life.
Let us check out 5 top trains of the country which can take you to the ancient land of Indian heritage.
1. Deccan Odyssey
Accredited as Asia’s Leading Luxury Train for the 7th time at the World Trade Awards in 2017, there is no doubt that Deccan Odyssey tops the chart for 5 best luxury trains of India. This blue lagoon on Wheels is crafted exquisitely in the royal grandeur of Maharashtra.
Features of Deccan Odyssey
- Bar and lounge.
- Health SPA and gym.
- Video conferencing facility.
- 21 deluxe and presidential suites.
- TV, newspapers and internet facility.
- Extraordinarily decorated dining cars.
- Round the clock attendant and paramedic.
- Air condition and individual climate control.
2. Maharaja Express
This train has been awarded as the World’s Leading Luxury Train, consecutively for 6 years by the World Travel Awards. This train covers almost all the remarkable tourist destinations of India and offers an unparalleled stay.
Features of Maharaja Express
- Spacious air conditioned suites.
- Complimentary mini bar and pantry attached with each suite.
- Vintage furniture and luggage holder in each room.
- Free internet and direct dial international telephone facility.
- DVD player and LCD television sets.
- Thematic restaurants on-board with food cooked by expert chefs.
- Couple of bars with comfortable seats and exquisite range of wines and spirits.
- A grand library to experience solitude.
3. Golden Chariot
South India portrays a soothing and spiritual facet of Indian art and architecture. Golden Chariot takes you back 1600 years when empires were being built and history was being made.
Features of Golden Chariot
- 19 specially designed and 11 carriages with air conditioned cabins.
- Private bathrooms with all necessities.
- Free internet, magazines, television and music channels.
- Dining cars serving both authentic South India and global delicacies.
- Business centre to cater to corporate guests.
- Ayurveda SPA and massage centre to bring the goodness of Ayurveda within your reach.
4. Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
An extended version of Palace on Wheels, this train also takes you through the majestic terrains of Rajasthan. Icing on the top is its trip to Khajuraho, Varanasi and Agra.
Features of Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
- 14 air conditioned saloons, with super deluxe suites.
- Couple of dining cars serving international dishes along with authentic Indian delicacies.
- Two restro- lounges to sip some of the finest drinks of the world and get high with friends.
- SPA massage parlour do rejuvenate and relax mind and body.
5. Palace on Wheels
This is one of the first luxury trains in India. From the regal welcome to the royal décor, guests feel like Rajput Maharajas on this train.
Features of Palace on Wheels
- 39 deluxe and 2 super deluxe cabins.
- On-board Ayurveda SPA facility.
- Dining cars decorated like palaces and serving both traditional Indian and international delicacies.
- Restro- bar cum lounge to taste exotic range of wines and soft drinks.
- Indoor games to keep the kids engaged.
- Free internet facility along with streaming music channels.
So the luxury trains of India cover almost all the tourist destinations of the country. Choose your destination and the luxury train catering to that part of the country and you are ready to unwind and relax this holiday.