When a user needs to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook or Office 365, it is required to carry out first convert Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST, Both Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook works on the different type of file formats. Hence, it is not possible to jump directly from one email client to another. Here we will provides solutions to migrate Lotus Notes data to Outlook and Office 365 user account.
How to Migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook?
While any user is going for the manual approach to migrate data from Lotus Notes to Outlook, he/she should not forget to take the backup of NSF file if in case any miss-happening occurs and the data becomes inaccessible. There are two major steps to convert Lotus Notes NSF database file to PST. These are:
- Export the NSF File from Lotus Notes
- Import this NSF File in Microsoft Outlook
Let us go through both the steps in detail
Step1: Export the NSF File from Lotus Notes
A user is needed to go through the following set of instructions to Convert Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST:
- Launch the Lotus Notes application in the local system and then open the NSF file which is to be converted to PST file format
- Now, select the option of File followed by the alternative of Export
- In the next step, enter the name of the file and specify the location where you want to save the file. Also, make sure that the file is saved as comma-separated value or structured text in the save as type
- In case of both comma-separated values and structured text, a dialog window will appear on the screen. Choose the options as displayed in the image and press on OK button
Step2: Import this NSF File in Outlook
To import NSF file into Outlook, below-mentioned steps are to be performed by the users:
- Open the Outlook application and choose the option of File then Open followed by Import
- The Import and Export Wizard will open up on the screen. Choose the option of Import from another program or file and select the option of Next
- Choose the alternative of comma-separated values followed by Next button to continue with the procedure to Migrate & export Lotus Notes to Outlook PST.
- Browse the CSV file obtained in the first step, select the appropriate option and select the option of Next
- In the next step, you have to define the location where the imported NSF file is to be saved and click on Next. This procedure may consume some time depending on the size of NSF file
- Once the complete procedure is done, the NSF data can be accessed in Outlook.
The manual solution is not trustworthy and can leads to data loss if any mistake is committed. Hence, to import NSF file of Lotus Notes into Outlook in a more efficient way, users are advised to go for automated tools.
Automated Tool to Migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003
Users are advised to follow these steps to convert Lotus Notes Emails, Contacts, Calendar to Outlook PST in the accurate and professional way:
- Download and install the NSF to PST Converter.
- Open the application on your local system and import NSF file.
- Click on convert button to export Lotus Notes data to PST format.
- Then select destination location, and select other options according to your need.
- At last, the software convert data to PST format and the export report will be generated. This export report can be saved by clicking on Save Report option
How to Migrate Lotus Notes NSF File to Office 365 User Account?
To perform Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration, it is recommended to go for the automated method like NSF to Office 365 migration tool. According to the experts, it is the best and trouble-free solution to migrate & import Lotus Notes NSF data to Office 365 user account. With the help of this great utility, all the NSF files can be imported into Office 365 within a few clicks. All a user needs to do is follow these set of instructions:
- Launch the software in the local machine
- Add the NSF files or folders which are to be exported to the Office 365 account
- Select the Lotus Notes user IDs to be moved to the Exchange online
- At last, you will see that Lotus Notes data into Office 365 account.
The Final Verdict
No doubt, IBM Notes offers some very amazing features to its users but, no software is totally devoid of the flaws. Users feel that there are some issues with Lotus Notes and hence, they want to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook or the Office 365 account. Both the manual and automated techniques have been discussed. A user can choose any approach as per the convenience. However, it is noticed that there are some limitations of the manual methodology. So, it is recommended to use the automated tool to carry out Lotus Notes NSF to Outlook PST conversion, same as to migrate Lotus Notes to Office 365 automated software will help you to easily perform the migration.