The State Bank of India is the largest public sector bank in India and candidates who are looking for a job in the banking sector look for an opportunity to join SBI.
SBI conducts exams for various posts and the three major posts for which the exam is conducted includes:
- Probationary Officer (SBI PO)
- Specialist Officer (SBI SO)
- Junior Assistant (SBI Clerk)
Out of the above mentioned three posts, the Probationary Officer exam is the one which is the most sought after. Lakhs of candidates appear for the SBI PO exam every year which has resulted in the increased competition.
Qualifying the exam has become tougher as the vacancies released are way less in comparison to the number of applicants. Thus, thorough preparation is required for a candidate to qualify the exam with flying colours.
When it comes to preparation, candidates will come across various tips which may help them ace the examination but one which may help them the most is solving the SBI PO Mock Test on a regular basis.
Given below are a few advantages of solving the mock tests or practise papers for the upcoming SBI PO exam:
- Analysing the exact exam pattern – The SBI PO mock tests are set based on the latest exam pattern. So, for candidates who are appearing for the exam at the time, they can get a better idea of the exam pattern when they solve these practise papers. The mock tests are available both offline and online for the candidate’s reference.
- Apprehend the topics important for exam preparation – When a candidate solves more mock tests, he/she is more likely to apprehend the topics which may be more important with respect to the examination.
- Judge their Strengths and Weaknesses in the exam – By solving the practice papers regularly, the candidates will be able to understand which sections may act as their strengths and they can score more and in which sections they are most likely to lose marks and are their weaknesses. Once this has been analysed, more time can be devoted to the subjects where the candidate is losing more marks.
- Learn Time Management – Bank PO exams are all about time management. A separate time is dedicated to solve each section so candidates must work hard on solving more questions within a shorter time span. When you solve the online practise or model tests, you can analyse how to speed up your solving techniques and where short cuts can be used and a little time can be saved.
- It gives an exam-like environment – When you are solving the mock tests, they tend to give you an exam-like atmosphere which helps boost your confidence and reduces the chances of panic for the final examination.
Apart from the mock tests, solving the SBI PO question paper from previous years may also prove to be very helpful. It will help you analyse the standard of exam and scrutinise the most frequently asked questions in the exam.
Since SBI PO is one of the most important banking sector exams, aspirants need to put in a lot of hard work and efforts to prepare for the exam and ace the examination.
Proper time must be devoted to prepare each section, notes must be made and practising more and more shall help a candidate be successful in the upcoming Probationary Officer exam.