Want to know the solution for MS Access VBA Project Password recovery? Get three easy solutions here and unlock password protected VBA MDB document in few easy steps.
3 Easy Solutions For MS Access VBA Project Password Recovery
VBA is an acronym used for Virtual Basic for Application. It is a part of the MS Office and used by many applications, including MS Access. Microsoft Access is a platform used for creating the database files in VBA project and stores data in tabular form. Moreover, MDB is a database file used by MS Access. At times, it happens, a user forgets the password of their VBA file or they want to reset its VBA project password. The VBA password is a protective layer that provides an encryption to MDB(or .mdb) file. However, forgetting the password may lead to file corruption or sometimes showing errors. Therefore, in this article, we will describe all the suitable methods for MS Access VBA Project Password Recovery.
Tool Tip: If you want a method that unlock VBA project password without any hassle, then you can go for VBA Project Password Remover. It can recover the password from the VBA protected file in a seamless manner.
How to Unlock MS Access VBA Database Password Manually?
There are different steps using for different MS Access versions. According to the versions, the following methods are shown here to reset MDB VBA Password.
Method #1: Remove MS Access VBA Project Password
For Microsoft Access 2007
- At first, open the MS Access 2007 in your system.
- After that, click on the folder icon that is present on the top.
- The Open dialog box will appear and select Access Database file from the Open dialog.
- Now, choose Open Exclusive option under the Open.
- Provide the correct password in the password require box.
- Click on OK.
- Select the Database Tools>>Decrypt Database.
- From the Unset Database Password dialog box, mention the current password and click on OK.
For Microsoft Access 2010
- Initially, open the MS Access 2010 on your system.
- Then, click on File A drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
- After that, select Open from the menu.
- The Open dialog box will appear, select the Access database file.
- Now, from the Open, select Open Exclusive
- In the Password Required dialog box, enter the password. Click on OK.
- Again, click on File >>Info>>Decrypt Database.
- Enter the database password on the Unset Database Password dialog box.
- Finally, click on OK.
For Microsoft Access 2013 or 2016
- Launch the Microsoft Access on your system.
- Click on File >> Open >>Browse.
- From the Open dialog box, select the Access database file.
- Select the Open Exclusive option from the Open drop-down list.
- Enter the database password and click on OK.
- Again, click on File >>Info >>Decrypt Database.
Method #2: Using VB Code to Open Password Protected VBA
This method required ActiveX Data Objects(or ADO.net) code for the recovery of MS Access VBA project password. It opens the access database file through a connection of string that bypasses Jet OLEDB. It can be used only in MS Access 2003 and 2007. Go through the following steps that are mentioned below:
- At first, create a New Access database file and Open
- After that, press Alt key along with F11 key to open the Microsoft Virtual Basic application.
- Now, click on Insert >>Module.
- After that, type the following VBA code to the module.
Shortcomings of Manual Process
The above-mentioned manual methods do not require any additional software. But, it comprises several limitations that create hurdles while using the procedure. Hence, it cannot consider as an Ideal solution for the recovery of Access VB Project password. The following limitations of the manual methods are shown here:
- Some technical knowledge is required for using the VBA codes.
- Any mistake in the VBA Code can lead to some major problems.
- It cannot change the existing password used in the MS Access.
Method #3: Professional Solution For MS Access VBA Project Password Recovery
To overcome all the limitations of manual procedure discussed above, a user is suggested to use a third-party application tool. One of the best third-party tool is VBA Password Recovery. This utility is designed to unlock and recover the password from a protected VBA file. It also resets the multilingual VBA project password efficiently. In addition, it supports all MS Office files such as .doc,.xls, .dot, .mdb file format. The GUI of the software is self-explanatory that makes the entire process facile. The best part of this utility is, it supports all MS Office and Windows versions.
The Final Words
In the above discussion, we have discussed VBA project password recovery methods in detail. Additionally, we also discussed an automated approach named as VBA Password Recovery tool. If users want to unlock and reset MS Access VBA project password, then it is highly suggested to use VBA Password Recovery Utility.