According to all the lead career experts, The Problem with your appearance at work is what translates to your performance. No matter what type of environment you work in, you should always dress well.
People at your workplace are always looking out for ways to steal a potential opportunity from your hands and if on the top of that, your formal outfit doesn’t fit, it’s like you are handing them reasons to use against your goodwill. Your shabby dressing could be a perfect plot for haters to snatch your promotions away too. That’s why they says “dress for the job you want” and for given scenario “dress for the job you wants to keep”.
These days everybody is rooting for casual wear thus it’s become it can be tricky to understand the rule of appearances.
- what’s appropriate in your workplace:”Everyone draws their lines differently with their own rules” for example may be you are allowed to wear shorts but cut-offs have a total ban. All in all its all about your company’s policies so, just follow what the hr says.
- Clothes with Perfect Fits: If you have selected a perfect garment yet the fit is not that good, it’s an effort in vain. Always select those garments which suit your body type and the fit must compliment your overall personality. Sometime a drab by fit can ruin the whole game for you at your workplace.
- Significance Of Colors: Always pays attention to your color choices, every color oozes a specific kind of vibes around it.” Darker colors usually convey a stronger impression than lighter ones.” Again if you are trying to portrait a stronger persona with your clothes then better backed that up with overall personality and if you are giving a presentation, make sure the color you are wearing doesn’t blend in with the background behind you.
- Don’t you ever over do the accessorizing: Adding some baling is the best way to complement your outfit, so don’t overhaul it. Being Minimal is what you need. Sometimes over accessorizing distracts the attention and hence lost its significance. Because it’s about attract that attention not to distract with a foul sense of dressing.
- Avoid Provocative Clothing’s: Wearing provocative clothing is distracting and gives an inaccurate impression. Avoid too-short hemlines and draw the lines on your own what’s appropriate what not. Always make it a certain point while dressing for office that what do you want to be remembered for? What you wore or what you said?
If you start taking your office outfit as your personal brand and you being the beneficiary of the outcome it will derive, you will start understanding the importance of it and the need of its presence in the first place and that’s how you will automatically strives dress to appropriately at your office and will evaluate the difference felt on your own. If your wardrobe matches your desired professionalism, that combination can helps you to climb ladders of success in no time.