SET Exam stands for the “State Eligibility Test.” The exam is organized at the state level every year. It is significant for candidates who want to become professors in state-level universities. Passing this exam also offers an advantage of fellowship for research programs as well. This article will share with you some useful information about the SET exam that every aspiring candidate should know.
SET Exam Pattern
The SET exam question paper is classified into four sections. These are mentioned as:
- Quantitative: Total 40 Questions (Each question for one mark)= 40 Marks
- General Awareness: Total 40 Questions (Each question for one mark)= 40 Marks
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning: Total 30 Questions (Each question for one mark)= 30 Marks
- Total Questions: 150 Total Marks: 150
- All questions asked in the exam are multiple-choice questions with no negative marking for wrong attempts.
- Also, there is no specific timing for different sections in the SET exam. This implies that candidates have to complete the entire paper in 150 minutes. They can allocate a different duration to different sections in the paper.
- If a candidate is not sure about any answer, then they can skip it. There will be no deduction in the marks.
Admission Process for SET Exam
Here is a step by step process that shows how a candidate can pass a SET exam.
- Duly fill the application form for the SET Exam
The candidate needs to access the official SET website. They have to register on this website as new users. Upon successful registration, they can get access to the application form. They need to submit the application fee online via net banking, demand draft, and credit/debit card after filling the form. It is important to note that the charges are non-refundable as well as non-transferable. On successful payment, you will get a confirmation message regarding the successful application for the SET exam.
- Get the admit card for SET Exam
All those students who have successfully applied for the exam will get an admit card from the institute. This admit card is your ticket to the exam. It is a very important document that you need to furnish when sitting for the exam. The institute will intimate the date when the students can obtain the admit card even from a local test center or directly from the official website.
- Appear for the SET examination
The institution will inform the students about the dates of the computer-based/online SET exam. The course will happen at the decided date throughout the country. Candidates who appear for the test have to arrive at the venue, their admit card, and any identity proof documents that include Passport, driving license, Voter ID, Aadhar Card).
- Declaration of SET result
The dates of the SET result will be declared on the official website. Candidates who are shortlisted will be called for further admission process.
SET Books For Preparation
To clear a SET exam, the right selection of the SET study material is very important. It will help you understand the important concepts asked in the exam, such as mental aptitude, logical reasoning, etc. The SET exam books will assist a candidate in getting a thorough understanding of the SET exam syllabus.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination by R.S.Aggarwal
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by Dr.R. S. Aggarwal
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma/Arihant Publications
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi/Arihant Publications, and
- Legal Aptitude by RK Gupta
Tips to Appear for SET Exam
It is not easy to crack the exam. It requires a lot of preparation to pass the test successfully. A candidate who is aspiring for this test has to have a strong strategy to crack the exam. So, let us see some important insights about SET exam preparation tips.
- Candidates who appear for the SET exam should not be allowed to carry and use a calculator and any other electronic gadgets in the exam center.
- A candidate will need to choose/key-in the appropriate answer displayed on the computer screen in the online SET exam. So, students who have not used a computer before should practice how to key in answering a question before they take the actual exam.
- For thorough preparation, candidates are required to take the SET exam online mock test. Several websites provide mock sample tests to students. It enhances their confidence and helps them finish the paper within the time limit.