A router is said to be a small electronic device, but it works is not small, its range can cover from door front to backyard of the house, at a very high speed of Internet range without any buffering or signal breakage. Everybody in this entire world knows that the router is the spinal cord of the networking system. Similarly, it is also useful in completing the task of Netgear WiFi Extender Setup successfully. Also, keep in mind:
- Use the latest version of the router’s firmware.
- Do not apply the process of New Extender Setup in a public hotspot (sometimes called a WiFi).
- Also, avoid overheating, fluctuation, and high-voltage.
- When connecting your range extender and the router with each other, turn off those devices that create a lot of interference like metal appliances, electronic gadgets, electronic toys, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
- Once you have connected your router with the range extender, make sure that both the devices are physically and properly connected with each other through an Ethernet cable.
- Now, what you have to do, grab your computer or laptop, open a web browser and type mywifiext, into the field of the address bar.
Moreover, networking with a router helps you:
- Sharing of files between two computers (secure).
- Sharing of Internet, data, images, videos, applications, etc between two smart devices.
- Sharing of a printer (secure).
- Helps you connecting game console and other home entertainment equipment or gadget directly to the Internet.
Also, keep this important point in mind that routers are not meant to build a home network. On the other hand, routers offer expediency, convenience, and easier maintenance for your network to grow.
Choose a Network Router
Netgear offers its valuable users a number of routers to choose one among 100 and even thousands. Such type of routers is specially designed for those users who are budget and style conscious. We will help you in choosing the best buy for you. Look, there are two most common types of routers that are the best 802.11ac and 802.11n. If you are still confused, you can straight-away call our customer care executive on a toll-free number 1-888-927-2661.
Installation of a Network Router
Unbox your router. Plug it into an electric wall socket. Place it nearby by your existing modem and after that connect them both with the help of an Ethernet cable. When you see that the power LED lights on the router starts blinking, place your computer closer to the router. Also, remember when installing the router for the first time:
- Choose an appropriate location for it.
- Place it in the middle of the home.
- A spot that is free from all the interference and barrier creating disasters.
- Disable the public WiFi.
- Make your devices free from a load of malicious files.
- Be certain that your devices are internally and externally away from heat.
Note Your devices supposed to be aware of the Netgear Genie app.
Netgear Genie is the most useful app that manages, control, and repairs the security system of your Internet and the home network. Also, remember that going to the home page of Netgear Genie Setup, you must have the default details i.e. username and password. Do not worry if you don’t have such details. Just contact the maker of the device immediately and go through all the process.
Secure your Devices and Network
Here, we would like to suggest to our valuable users that:
- Complete the process of installation with the default details only.
- After completing the process successfully, change the default details as soon as possible (for security reasons).
- Built a network name for about 8 characters.
- A unique password for about 15-16 characters.
- The network name and password supposed to be a blend of digits, number, and alphabets.
- Avoid using dictionary words.
- Re-built your network name and password every 1-3 months.
Always remember that we never leave the hands of your precious customers in troubles. If anything disturbs you, feel free to get in touch with our “troubles solving instantly team” on a toll-free number 1-888-927-2661. Experience the difference with us.