Although, MS Outlook is used by many users for multiple purposes like business communication, personal use, keeping records of emails at corporate sectors. But there are many users who are facing issues with Microsoft Outlook. Different types of error messages occur while working with Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and 2000 versions. One of the most common error messages faced by users is ‘None of the Authentication Methods Supported By this Client Are Supported By Your Server (0x800ccc80)’. If this error message encounters while the user is working with Outlook then he/she is not able to send email to other users. To resolve this issue users are searching for a reliable yet easy method to eliminate this error message. Therefore, in this post, we are going to discuss the simple and efficient methods to fix this Outlook error.
About MS Outlook Error Code 0X800CCC80
When an Outlook user face error 0X800CCC80 then he/she is not able to send the email message to other users as the message gets stuck in the outbox. But there is no issue with the process of incoming emails. There can be multiple reasons behind the occurrence of this “firstname.lastname@example.org – sending’ reported error (0x800ccc80) ‘None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server”.
Causes of Send Reported Outlook Error (0X800CCC80)
This Outlook error can be encountered due to numerous reasons some of the reasons are explained below:
- Incorrect Server settings
- Downloaded a corrupt MS Outlook software
- Incomplete installation of Outlook
- Corruption in Windows Registry due to recent change (install/uninstall) in MS Outlook software
- Virus or Malware Attack
- By mistake deletion of files related to MS Outlook
It is very necessary to understand the root cause of the error then only a user is able to troubleshoot the error by opting a perfect method to solve it.
Fix: None of the Authentication Methods Supported By this Client Are Supported By Your Server
There are different methods explained below, the user can solve the Outlook error 0X800CCC80 using these various solutions available.
Method 1: Reset MS Outlook Settings
If you receive the above error in your Microsoft Outlook, note the email address appeared in the error message. And then follow the below step to fix it.
- Click on File >>Account Settings >> Account Settings
- Now choose the email account in error message & press Change
- Go to More Settings >> Outgoing tab
- Opt ‘My outgoing server requires authentication’ & use this as ‘my incoming server’
- Now click on OK >> Next
Method 2: Repair Outlook
If the above solutions fail to resolve, the next most efficient manual method is to repair your Outlook. Follow the steps given below.
- To fix this error you have to select the Repair option from the Account setting.
- In Outlook 2007, go to Tools then Account Settings and then Email
In Outlook 2010/2013, go to File then Account Settings and then Email
- Now, select the file you want to repair and click on the Repair option
- The repair process will begin
- If the repair process is not able to complete successfully then you have to check and make the correction in the Advanced account settings
- Click on the Advanced option then select More Settings
- Check whether the SMTP port number or SSL settings are correct or not in the Advanced tab. To get more information about the current server name consult email provider staff
- Now, go to Outlook Server tab and check the authentication setting and make a change in settings for ‘Log on to incoming mail server before sending mail’
Method 3: Repair Registry Entries
To fix Windows registry manually, as the first step, take a backup by exporting the particular part of the registry related to Error code 0X800CCC80 ‘None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server in Outlook’.
Note: Manually altering the Windows registry to remove invalid Outlook Error message ‘0X800CCC80’ keys is not suggested unless you are having technical knowledge in the same or if you are a PC service professional.
- First, you have to click on the Start button and type the ‘command’ in the search box
- Now, hold Ctrl and Shift key on the keyboard and hit Enter key
- You will see a permission dialog box, click on the Yes button
- Now, type ‘regedit’ in the box and hit Enter key
- In the Registry Editor, you have to select the key related to Error 0x800ccc80
- Choose an Export option from the File menu
- Go to the Save list and select the folder where you want to save the Microsoft Outlook backup key
- Now, type the name of your backup file in the File Name box
- Make sure that ‘Select branch’ is chosen in the Export Range box
- Click on the Save and the extension of the file that is saved will be .reg extension
- Finally, you will have a backup of your Microsoft Outlook-related registry entry
Repairing Registry entries related with the error ‘0x800ccc80’ is one of the best and last direct manual solution available to fix ‘None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server’ in Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 or 2007 editions. After trying the above solutions, still, if you’re facing problem in sending emails in Outlook account, then follow the other methods to fix issues in Outlook account.
Method 4: Disable Anti-Virus Program
If still, you are not able to fix the Outlook error 0X800CCC80 then there can be the issue with the add-ins in your Microsoft Outlook account. So, you have to go to Outlook settings and then disable third-party add-ins.
For Outlook 2013 and 2010
- First, you have to go to File option and then click on Options
- Now, click on the Add-ins
- Then, click on the Go option which is present at the bottom of the page
- Disable the anti-virus add in
For Outlook 2007
- First, go to the Tools options
- Now, you will see Trust Center click on it
- You will see Add-ins. After that click on the Go option and deselect the anti-virus add in
Method 5: Use Outlook PST Repair Tool- Best Expert Solution
If still, you are not able to fix ‘sending error: None of the Authentication Methods Supported By this Client Are Supported By Your Server’ error then you can make use of SysTools Outlook PST Data Recovery software. This utility repair severely damaged PST file and save the recovered Outlook data into multiple file formats. Using this software a user will be able to resolve Outlook Error 0X800CCC80. Moreover, no technical expertise is required to operate this application. No risk of data loss is associated with this software. Overall, you will be able to fix the outlook error in a simple and secure way via using this product.
Errors are like nightmares to every person as due to the occurrence of errors users work is affected. So, it is important to resolve any type of error that occurs. In this blog, we came up with various methods to eliminate one of the most common Outlook issues on sending’ reported error (0x800ccc80) ‘None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server’. A user can follow the methods discussed above to fix this Outlook error. Even if the error is not resolved then it is suggested to opt a simple and secure solution that is Outlook PST File Recovery tool to fix Outlook error code 0x800ccc80.